The following information was provided by Colette's Catering
Positively execute the food, image, team spirit and profitability of Colette’s Catering & Events through well planned and executed cuisines and culinary team. Ensuring the Brand Promise of “Total satisfaction for every special occasion”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for assigned daily production of culinary items in production kitchen
• Assist in offsite kitchen setup and breakdown as needed for off-site events
• Culinary execution of high quality production methods, presentation techniques and assures consistent quality and cost controls of all food products are maintained
• Maintains complete organization and sanitation of cold food production area to include cold food walk-in refrigerator
• Helps receive product from vendors and checks accuracy of invoicing.
• Rotates stock of cold food in walk-in refrigerator to assure freshness of products
• Participates in kitchen inventory and ordering
• Sorts cold food leftovers and overproduced products for reuse or proper distribution daily
• Keep all food products dated and labeled
• Participates in kitchen safety and maintenance programs for local health, city and county requirements
• Adhere to safety practices and procedures
• Assist team members as needed and additionally directed
• Culinary training and knowledge of varied cooking techniques and presentation styles
• Maintain current Food Handlers Certification
• Must possess superior organization and time management skills.
• Possess basic math skills, including knowledge of fractions, needed to mix recipes, weigh ingredients, and produce production and budget costs
• Strong ability to multi-task and High sense of urgency
• Attendance- must be able to maintain a regular and reliable attendance record.
• Excellent communication.
• Friendly, energetic, professional, self-motivated, confident.
• Dedicated to quality work.
• Catering, Fine Dining, or similar work experience or equivalent training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment will be a Catering Warehouse, indoor and outdoor environment. Driving a vehicle to conduct work. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use their hands to control, or feel objects, tools, and manipulate small items. Regular repetition of movement, bending and twisting, stooping, or leaning. Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally. Bending at the waist and stooping. Walking and other times speed-walking between various parts of the kitchen or event site. Must be able to lift heavy boxes, cans, and other bulk items on a regular basis. Lifting to 50 lbs., carrying, pushing, and pulling heavy objects.
Flexibility to work early mornings with some evenings and weekends as needed for scheduled events. Must be available to work overtime when needed including emergency overtime during busy times of the year. Holidays when needed based on event scheduling.
ABOUT COLETTE’S CATERING & EVENTS:
Our team members are passionate about their jobs, upholding our Brand Promise of “Total satisfaction for every special occasion” and treating each other like family. We love what we do, we aim to be great, and we set ourselves to a high standard. We craft menus meticulously, educate ourselves to continuously be better, and always want our guests to feel a welcoming warmth from the start of their dining experience to the end. Combining personalized service, high attention to detail, unique venues, flexible menus and price points, skilled event specialists and event staff that is second to none. Our catering and event services encompass on-site and offsite operations, elegant plated dinners, buffets, corporate catering, spectacular cocktail receptions, action theme stations, bar services and gourmet to go offerings
This WIOA Title I financially assisted program or activity is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance to participate in this program, please call (714) 480-6500. TDD/TTY users, please call the California Relay Service at (800) 735-2922 or 711. Please call 72 hours in advance to allow the OC Workforce Solutions Center to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this program.
The views, information, or opinions expressed by the organization(s) mentioned are solely those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily represent those of the County of Orange and its employees.